Sunday, March 28, 2010

Oregon and back again

We finally had the pleasure of being able to venture out for the first time after Elise's birth, and what a wonderful break it was for us all. We decided to go big and take on a nine hour trek up I5 to my beautiful home state of Oregon, a visit long overdue. With Elise's IV line finally removed we were able to travel without any worries or 'what ifs' tagging along. One of the more exciting purposes for this visit was that Elise could finally meet her great grandparents and her uncle Tyler for the first time. It was so special.

We spent time with old friends, family,  and had an abundance of relaxation time.  We even found time to venture out to Pleasant Hill to see where I went to school and lived for so many years. It was a little depressing seeing how much the school has had to let go of due to budget cuts. The soccer fields weren't nearly as nice anymore...sigh. We even got a new camera, which I sold my guitar for ( since I'm learning to be better about choosing hobbies, and the guitar for now just couldn't become one of them, although I hope to return to it in the future.)

All in all, we had a wonderful time and I can't thank God enough for healing Elise to make this trip and so many other things possible. We are truly blessed.

Mt. Shasta



Playing with Daddy's headphones


Kisses


Bows, bows, and more bows! My sweet little girl



Daddy loves his little girl


Elise and Grandpa...just loungin


2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks AMAZING!!!!! I love what you've done with the layout... I'm so glad that you are your little family were able to make the trek up to your homeland!!!! The pics you got were great and I'm double glad that you also made it here and back safely.
    P.S. Elise is sooooooo adorable. She must get that from her momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks for the compliments! It was a lot of fun getting it to look this way...although now I already have things I want to change, but need to find the time :)

    ReplyDelete